Tuesday, 27 November 2012

Week 5 run 1

After a couple of weeks off running, I went back to the gym on Sunday and repeated Week 4 run. It felt OK.

Today I had a go at Week 5 run 1. This is 5 mins running, 3 walking, 5 running, 3 walking, 5 running (i.e. 15 mins running in total). Slightly less than last time, but all longer.

There is only 1 of this run, the next one (Thursday, probably) is 8 mins running x 2. And then after that (when, I'm not sure, as I'm away for the weekend...) is 20 mins solid running (minor eek!)

I felt today that 3 x 5 might be too much (on top of commuting), but it's a mental thing - I managed it. While I was running, I actually was thinking to myself, "if I had to keep going for another 3 mins, I could make myself do it" - and perhaps the same will be true of 20 mins non-stop. Of course the aches and pains might take over on that one; we shall see...

No comments:

Post a Comment