This week the regimen is:
5 mins warm up walk
3 mins run
90s walk
5 mins run
2.5 mins walk
3 mins run
90s walk
5 mins run
5 mins warm down walk
Which according to my calculation makes 16 mins running and 15.5mins walking - over 50% for the first time!
I had a sore heel early on (in the first 3 min run actually) but it seemed to get better over the duration of the run. Interesting...
I managed to do all the running without faltering. I appreciate the positive language Laura uses (she always assumes that you finished the running sections, and didn't give up) and the gradual progressions do make it all possible. This time next week it's 3 x 5 min runs though, and that goes up to 1x20 by the end of the week. Big eek!
I have also been reading the NHS Forum about the programme too, and draw strength from the fact that many other people seem to be overweight, not fit, not confident, but get through it.
Of course, the ones who drop out are maybe less likely to be posting on a forum about it...
No comments:
Post a Comment