Saturday, 20 October 2012

Week 1 run 3 - Lochend railway

Back home, so after a 2-day gap because of yesterday mostly being spent in a training room and then on a train, I went out for a jog today around the old railway line route, down to the new bridge at the far end of the Links and back.

Hard work, but I managed every jog as described. My shins were sore and I'm not sure what to do about that. Better stretching pre-jog? Better shoes? According to the NHS, perhaps I shouldn't run for a couple of weeks and also get fitted for proper shoes. This could be expensive...

The weather was sunny, and fairly warm, considering that it's October. I wore my long sleeved blue merino, my bamboo buff and my red cycling top, but that was too warm so I wrapped it round my waist after about the second jog.

No comments:

Post a Comment