Thursday, 6 December 2012

Week 6 Run 1 - gym

My weeks are a bit askew, from missing a couple of weeks and last weekend being away for the Sunday run, so I started this "Week" on a Thursday. Awkward.

So the run requirements were 5 / 8 / 5 with a 3 min walk inbetween each run. Total of 18 mins so less than the last run, although strangely it felt just as hard work. I think if you gear up for a time period then you go flop a bit when you hit the end of it.

I ran in total for about 2.1k I think (hard to count, when adding on the walking). I ran the first 5 mins at about 7kph, then dropped down to 6.7 for the other two blocks. I find when display-watching, that it's nicer to look at the track image and calculate in my head that I'll need to run to about THERE in the time allowed, rather than look at the clock and work out how many more minutes I have run for. Is that a positive thing? I think so. I certainly would never have thought that 2 months ago I could run for 2+k in half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment